Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's a start...

So I've been kicking around ideas for my first blog and decided I would start with how I got this idea in the first place.

I've spent the last two years learning the basics of flic making. Not film making, because I couldn't tell you the first thing about using a film camera. I wouldn't even want to. Why not? Check out Robert Rodriguez's commentary on El Mariachi. He says there's only about $600 on the screen. The rest of his $7000 budget is film alone! Low-budget FILM making is a contradiction in terms.

I had written some screenplays and figured I'm a handy kinda guy, why not shoot a few scenes, piece them together and make a movie. So I grabbed a buddy of mine (he had a tad more experience) showed him my short and we were on our way. I started this blog to journal how I get an idea from my head to the screen, or at least to DVD.

In my next blog...How YOU get started!

No comments: